Friday 4 March 2016

If God be for us.

God is for you! He is on your side! He loves you from the top of your head to the tip of your toes. He will never leave you nor will he ever forsake you. He knows you intimately yet he still believes in you.

God is for us, because first of all, His Word declares it, and I have experienced it first hand, and I know that even if you don’t realize it now, you can look back and realize it.

I know Christ is for me Because of the fact that Christ has overcome the world, And God’s Word does not change no matter what; I know that God is for us. And if God is for us who can be against us?
I know that God is for us because he promises that every situation, all things, work out for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:28) What is that good? That question is answered inRomans 8:29- that we may be conformed to the likeness of Jesus- that is that we may look more and more like Jesus. The things that we go through, the highs and the lows, the difficulties and the easy times, the dry times and the times when the living water flows, God is absolutely for us. It does not matter where we are, or what we do, God is using everything to work together so that we can be conformed to the likeness of Jesus. Because He wants me to look more and more like my Savior, I know God is for me, and if God is for us, who can be against us?
I know God is for me because He has called me, and He has a purpose for me. Ephesians 2:10 says that I am God’s work of art, created for a special purpose. God does not make junk! He has made you and he has made me for a purpose that he has uniquely gifted you for. I know he is for us because he has foreknown us, that is, he was aware of us and loved us as individuals before we were even born. He predestined us for salvation and eternity in heaven even as he prepared us for a specific purpose here on earth, and prepared me beforehand to look like Christ. This truth proves God is for us, and if God is for us who can be against us?
I know that God is for us because he justified us (vs.30). In other words, He acquitted us, He made us righteous, and he put us in right standing with Himself! He made it just as though we had never sinned! He gave me Christ’s righteousness at no cost to me! God loves us right where we are, but he loves us too much to keep us there. So, not only does he justify us, but he glorifies us, lifting us out of this earthly state of being and confers on us heavenly dignity as he conforms us to the likeness of Christ. He has already made us citizens of heaven! We may live here on earth, but it is not our home. It is not our permanent residence. We are strangers and ambassadors of His heavenly kingdom. Because He Justifies and glorifies us, I know He is for us. And if God is for us, who can be against us?
I know that God is for us, because He did not spare His own Son. He allowed Jesus to leave His glorious, heavenly home to die for us. I know that God is for us, because He is greater than our greatest adversary. Believe me, I know that there are forces lined up against us, all led by the great accuser Satan himself. HE is the one who is ready always to make a charge against you. HE uses many weapons; other people, our thought life, trials, temptations, and other tools to bring a charge against you and condemnation to your spirit. “ you don’t pray enough’ you don’t read the bible enough’ ‘that is some attitude for a Christian to have’ ‘you hypocrite’. Satan even uses people in the church to lay charges and condemnation against you! I want to remind us of something- God is my judge and your judge. Satan brings charges, sometimes through people, but it is God who justifies. And greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world who is making the accusation. This chapter in Romans opens reminding us that there is therefore now NO CONDEMNATION for those who are in Christ Jesus. The weapon of accusation and condemnation will not stand. It is Christ who died and rose again and defeated death. Satan no longer has that power over us. It is God who justified, it is Christ who died and rose again, and it all proves that God is for us, and if God is for us who can be against us?
I know God is for us, because Christ is at the right hand of God making intercession for us! He is pleading our case! When Satan brings an accusation, I see Jesus standing there saying- that is your precious child, Dad. I died for him Or for her and we grafted them into the family! We promised nothing or no one could snatch them out of our hand! Satan has no standing in this courtroom, because this child is justified! Jesus pleads our case, he lives forever to make intercession for us (Hebrews 7:25) Jesus is on our side, He loves us, He is for us. When we get to heaven, all God will see is that we are covered with the blood of Christ, and we are therefore righteous, not because of anything we have done, but because of Christ’s shed blood, and the imputed righteousness of God. Christ is your perfect High Priest, your attorney, your cheerleader, always making the case for you, always expressing his love and affection for you, always cheering you on. The enemy is rendered powerless, because Christ is our intercessor. He joins with the Holy Spirit, who helps us to pray even in our weakness, when we do not know what to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment